It’s been over two months since we’ve been able to welcome guests to Casino M8trix and we’re looking forward to doing so safely. As you know, public environments have changed in the past several weeks. When you return to Casino M8trix you will see changes that will hopefully have a minimal impact on your gaming experience. We are focused on screening, cleaning, protecting, and physical distancing to put your health and safety at the center of all we do. These changes are being implemented for guest and employee health and safety, and you can continue to expect a first-class gaming and entertainment experience at Casino M8trix.
You will find additional information below detailing specific areas at Casino M8trix and highlighting the precautions implemented in order to provide you the safest and healthiest experience on your next visit to our facility.
Employee & Guest Health
- Points of entry will be limited to allow our employees to conduct non-invasive temperature checks utilizing handheld infrared temperature scanners.
- Anyone with a body temperature of over 100.4°F may step aside for a secondary temperature screening after a 15-minute waiting period.
- Any employees or guests confirmed to have a temperature over 100.4°F after a second screening will not be allowed entry to the building.
- Plexiglass Shields: Plexiglass shields will be installed as necessary at service areas throughout the casino, restaurants, and back of house areas.
- Floor Decals: Guests will be directed to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other individuals while in lines, when using elevators, or while moving around the property. Floor decals have been installed throughout the property to guide you.
- Physical Layouts: Restaurant tables, seating at table games, and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
- Employees: Employees will be reminded to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible. In addition, Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) will be provided to protect employees (see below). Back of house employee flow patterns will be rearranged where possible to ensure physical distancing. This will include employee entrances, ingress and egress to the casino, locker placement, and time clock placement.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and highly frequented areas, such as the casino floor, dining spaces, ATMS, and near restrooms.
- Health and hygiene reminders will be placed throughout the property, including signage about the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of PPE, reminders to thoroughly wash your hands (minimum of 20 seconds), etc.
- Signage will be posted throughout employee areas as reminders of proper health and hygiene practices. Signage will include, the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of PPE, hand washing procedures, what to do if you need to cough or sneeze, and many other key safety guidelines to follow while at work.
- Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and to seek assistance from a health care provider on guidance about when they can return to work. Employees and guests exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property are instructed to immediately notify their manager (employees) or security (guests). All employees and guests who do not feel well are asked to leave the property and to seek appropriate medical guidance.
Cleaning Products & Protocols
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent common touch surfaces, including but not limited to, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, ATMs, kiosks, casino cage counters, gaming tables, dining surfaces, and seating areas.
- To assist with physical distancing in each of our gaming areas, the number of seats available have been reduced.
- Common touch points are sanitized and cleaned on an increased schedule.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the casino.
- Cards will be dealt face up wherever possible to reduce the amount of direct contact.
- All F&B employees have been trained in proper sanitation practices, how to avoid cross contamination, and other ways to promote public health. We are utilizing that knowledge and bolstering it with recommendations of the CDC and other regulators to ensure our employees are creating the safest possible environment for our guests and employees.
- There will be limited seating in Zone 8 Bar & Grill, dining areas, and bars to ensure proper distancing between guests.
- Menus will be sanitizable or single-use and disposed use.
- Queue lines with physical distancing signs will be in place to receive walk up service where appropriate.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized after each use.
- POS terminals will be sanitized frequently and no less than every hour.
- All countertops, workstations, cooler door handles, and draft beer taps will be sanitized at least once an hour.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will also increase in back of house areas with an emphasis on the employee break rooms, employee entrances and exits, employee restrooms, loading dock, offices, kitchens, etc.
- Shared tools and equipment will be sanitized before, during, and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes phones, radios, computers and other communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen implements, cleaning equipment, keys, time clocks, and all other common touch items used throughout the property.
- Employees will be following proper hand-washing protocols and will utilize hand sanitizer between transactions. Employees will be wiping down surfaces at regular intervals (EMV machines, counters, and terminals, etc.).
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system maintenance has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
- Correct hygiene and frequent handwashing with soap is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. All Casino M8trix employees are instructed to wash their hands, or use sanitizer when a sink is unavailable, every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and immediately after any of the following activities; using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, mouth or nose, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, entering and leaving the gaming floor, going on break, and before or after starting a shift.
- All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for teams with frequent guest contact, including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Gaming, and Security.
- Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence to state and/or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Gloves will be provided to employees who require them to do their jobs, such as Cage Cashiers and those frequently handling money and gaming chips, food handlers, and Housekeepers.
- Employees will be provided and required to wear a compliant facial covering while at work. Casino M8trix will also require guests to wear compliant facial coverings in public areas when required. Facial coverings will be available for guests who need one.
- Employee pre-shift meetings will be conducted virtually OR in areas that allow for appropriate physical distancing between employees. Larger departments will stagger employee arrival times to minimize traffic volume in back of house spaces. Management teams will ensure constant communication and proper PPE and sanitation procedures are followed and updated per the latest guidance provided by experts. Signage will also be posted throughout employee areas as reminders of proper health and hygiene practices to protect themselves. Signage will include, the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of PPE, hand washing procedures, what to do if you need to cough or sneeze and many other key safety guidelines to follow while at work.